What are the exchange opportunities WLSA has to offer?
East to West Exchanges
Since 2012, the WLSA East to West Exchange brings students from WLSA Associate schools in China to WLSA Associate schools in countries such as Canada, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The aim of this programme is to provide three weeks of educational and cultural experience for all students and staff involved
The visits will include:
- Approximately two weeks of exchange experience including 7 or more days in the classroom
- Participation in extra-curricular activities and other aspects of school life
- General exposure to educational models unfamiliar to the Chinese students
- Cultural experiences
- Time with host families or in the dormitories
- Visits to local tourist and recreational sites
Before or after these two weeks at the Host Schools, the groups will visit several universities, colleges and other historically or culturally interesting locations in their destination country.
West to East Exchanges
The WLSA West to East Exchange are an opportunity for students from WLSA Associate Schools in the West to visit Associate Schools in China to participate in educational and cultural activities.
The aims of the exchange will vary among participating schools but may include:
- Engaging students and teachers to develop their knowledge of Chinese culture and education
- Fostering an appreciation and understanding of cultural diversity
- Building long-term relationships among Associate schools, teachers and students
- Sharing practices and ideas that support the learning and development of students and staff
Some Associates have chosen to begin to build a partnership with another WLSA Associate by exchanging students with the same school with whom they collaborated for East to West exchanges.