WLSA Faculty Exchange 2019
Applications will open in Fall for 2019
Much like their students, educators never stop learning. At WLSA, we strive to encourage and provide resources for educational professionals to grow through cultural experiences. In 2018, with our associate, The Lovett School, we hosted a two-week faculty exchange.
The Lovett School welcome educators to their campus in Atlanta, Georgia. Faculty guests lived with host families, experienced everyday life at Lovett, and explored Atlanta through cultural excursions.
We will be accepting applications for our next faculty exchange in the fall of 2018 from all educators teaching kindergarten through grade 12.
• Offer an opportunity for cross-cultural communication and idea sharing
• Professional development for visiting faculty in specific teaching strategies such as design thinking, location-based learning, and interdisciplinary projects (including STEM)
• Experiencing American culture through homestays, cultural excursions, and exploring educational differences
We will be accepting applications from educators teaching kindergarten – grade 12. We would like an even number of primary and secondary school teacher attending the exchange to ensure a well-rounded experience for all! Teachers must be employed full-time at a WLSA Associate school.
• Independent and willing to take initiative
• Highly proficient or fluent in English
• Eager to take advantage of a full range of learning opportunities available through this programme
• Willing to co-teach or teach classes as appropriate