Closing the Emotional Preparation Gap
Moderator: Tony Little | President, WLSA Fudan
- Charles Goodyear | President, Goodyear Capital Corporation & Goodyear Investment Company
- MJ Knoll-Finn |Senior Vice President for Enrollment Management, New York University
- Dr. Jin Lei, CEO, GeneScience Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Yuan Wei | Tsinghua University
- Siddharth Singh | Director, The Emerald Heights International School
Social and emotional abilities are said to be indicators of how well a person adjusts to their environment, change and, ultimately, how they experience achievement over the course of their life. Core development abilities such as mindfulness, emotional stability, openness and affability, can be as or even more important than cognitive intelligence in determining future employment. Despite these competencies being related to meaningful life outcomes, it can be challenging for educators to find effective ways to prioritize, teach and assess social and emotional skills.
Combining social and emotional skills with academic development creates high-quality learning experiences that empower students to be more effective contributors in their classrooms today and in their workplaces and communities tomorrow. This panel made up of educators, university deans and business leaders will share their personal experiences on the social and emotional abilities needed to transition from school to the workforce.