HOST AN EXCHANGE
The WLSA East to West Exchange program has been an invaluable part of WLSA since 2012. Welcoming an exchange from a WLSA associate school in China is beneficial in so many ways.
You can share your school’s traditions with a student from another culture and bring the world right to your doorstep.
The next East to West Exchange will take place between January and February 2020.
Be a host school for the 2020 exchange
I want information about hosting an exchange
Give your students the international experience without ever leaving the country. The WLSA East to West Exchange program presents an opportunity for your school to host students for a three week period in January-February from our WLSA associate schools in China.
The program includes:
- Entrance interviews to ensure a high standard of English
- Fully qualified chaperones from our Chinese associate schools
- Full medical insurance – for all the little whoops that happen during travel
- Identity driven workshop program to complete your school’s exchange itinerary
Host School Responsibilities
To ensure an efficient and effective process for the East to West Exchange, as a Host School you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide WLSA with any requirements or required forms for visiting students and chaperones
- Confirm school uniform/dress code requirements
- Confirm which costs are covered by your school and which are to be covered by WLSA
- Provide a detailed program for the two week exchange (including weekend activities) for students and chaperones
- Confirm accommodation, catering and local travel arrangements for students and accompanying chaperones
- Provide information regarding host families or dormitories
- Confirm available internet access for students to contact their families
Students from our WLSA associate schools in China are invited to apply. The selection criteria are both the students’ English level and motivation to participate in the Exchange.
The level of English and motivation are based on the contents of the motivation letter and the outcome of an interview conducted with WLSA staff members fluent in English. This assures that exchange students have an advanced level of English and are placed in an institution that matches with their interests.
You can expect exchange students from 15 to 17 years of age. We do what we can to attract an equal amount of male and female candidates.
2019 East to West Exchange
What our students say
"England is my dream country for learning and getting further education. In the exchange program in 2019, what impressed me most is the gentle custom and reasonable way of spreading knowledges in the UK, which encourage me to work hard and get an access to an outstanding British university. My strong desire of becoming one of the British students is gaining momentum. Thanks for the hardworking of WLSA staff, a group of brilliant dream achiever."
"This exchange is a very good experience. It’s a communication between two school, also two culture. Really appreciate about our host school, who had helped us a lot during the whole two week. Me, myself had great time in Webb. I enjoyed it very much and I had made many friends from Webb. I felt both similarities and differences from this trip to Webb. The differences in teaching strategy and course settings. Also some different activities. The similarities are the enthusiasm of students and the patience of teachers. The atmosphere made fell safe and relieved, except the Spanish class because I really can’t understand a word. All in all thank you for prepare all these for us. Hope to see you again."