The WLSA East to West Exchange Programme has been an invaluable part of WLSA since 2012. Welcoming an exchange student from a WLSA Associate school in East Asia is beneficial in so many ways. You can share your schools traditions with a student from another culture and bring the world right to your doorstep.
Give your students the international experience without ever leaving the classroom. The WLSA East to West Exchange Programme presents an opportunity for your school to host students for a three week period in January-February from our WLSA associate schools in East Asia.
The program includes:
- Entrance interviews to ensure a high standard of English
- Fully qualified chaperones from our WLSA member schools
- Complete itinerary to take out any of the guess work for you and your institution
- Full medical insurance- for all the little whoops that happen during travel.
If your institution is interested in hosting for the East to West Exchange in January/February 2018 you can download the Host School Survey.
Host School Responsibilities
To ensure an efficient and effective process for the Student Exchange, as a Host School you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide an introduction to school life upon the students’ arrival
- Provide WLSA with any requirements or required forms for visiting students & WLSA chaperones
- Confirm school uniform/dress code requirements
- Confirm which costs are covered by schools and which are to be covered by WLSA
- Provide detailed programme for the full two week exchange (including weekend activities) for students and chaperones
- Confirm accommodation, catering and local travel arrangements for students and accompanying chaperones
- Provide information regarding Host families to WLSA staff if applicable
- Provide a copy of the school’s own Risk Assessment for the Exchange if applicable
- Confirm available internet access for students to contact their families – either on campus or via home stay families
- Click here to read more about the WLSA Responsibilities throughout the exchange process.
Students from our WLSA Associate Schools in Asia are invited to apply, and the selection criteria includes50% motivation and 50% english level.
The level of english and motivation are based on the contents of the students’ motivation letter and the outcome of an interview conducted with WLSA staff members fluent in english. This assures that exchange students have an advanced level of english and are placed in an institution that matches with their interests.
You can expect an exchange student from 15 to 17 years of age.
We do what we can to attract an equal amount of male and female candidates, but the applicant pool is generally dominated by talented female applicants.