This privacy notice tells you what to expect when the WLSA Foundation website collects your personal information. It applies to information we collect about visitors to our website.
Visitors to our Website
When someone visits www.wlsafoundation.org we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. All personal data is collected and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The World Leading Schools Association (WLSA) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy explains how WLSA makes use of and protects the information you give when using this website. If you are asked to provide information whilst using the website, it will only be used in the ways described in this policy.personal data we collect from visitors, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and us alone.
2. Uses made of the information
How we collect information
We only collect personal information when you give it to us. For example, when you contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ section of the website, book a ticket to an event, book onto any of our schools programmes or donate to us. We may also collect information about your usage of the website using cookies (see below) but this is anonymous.
2.a) What information we collect
We may collect the following information when you fill in forms on the site:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information, including home address, postcode and email address.
- Only if purchasing items or making a donation: bank card details.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive which enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages. Under the European Union’s e-Privacy Directive, we need your permission to store cookies on your computer or device.
Which pages you visit;
- The amount of time you spend on the site or a particular page;
- Whether or not you have visited the site before;
- How you came to our website – for example, through an email link or a search engine;
- The type of computer, browser, network location and internet connection you use.
2.c) How we use your information
- For our own internal records.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To monitor website usage.
- To send registered users emails about our resources, programs and events.
- To fulfil orders for tickets for events or to process any donations made to WLSA
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
3. Links with third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third parties’ websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
4. Your rights to access personal information
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you by emailing [email protected].
If you have any concerns, questions or comments regarding the data held about you by The WLSA Foundation please contact [email protected].
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you by emailing [email protected].