Join our Team!
Come join our dynamic team of educators on our WLSA Shanghai Academy campus teaching English. This position offers the opportunity to utilize your background to engage and instruct one-on-one with students of all levels. Central to WLSA Shanghai Academy approach, the Instructor works toward student success through guiding the student’s instruction to their background, interests, aspirations and learning style. The instructor utilizes the core WLSA Shanghai Academy values and actions that are crucial to fulfilling our mission and ensuring a consistent, effective experience for students across all our campuses.
- Uses individualized curricular resources to instruct students towards standards using a variety of techniques including lecturing, demonstrating and audiovisual aids to supplement the information.
- Employs innovative instructional methods, adjusts instructional strategies, and differentiates/modifies curriculum to meet each student’s academic goals and learning needs, both when the student starts and as he/she progresses.
- Applies subject area knowledge and expertise and offers positive feedback, ongoing motivation, coaching, and other support to promote student confidence, create a safe place for learning, and achieve high academic outcomes for each student.
- Demonstrates awareness of student’s background, skills, proficiencies, interests, learning styles, and special needs in lesson planning, pacing, and presentation.
- Establishes an environment of mutual respect, high expectations, and professionalism where students are encouraged and supported to be actively engaged in the learning process by consistently demonstrating a passion for the subject and learning.
- Maintains a physical classroom learning environment which makes learning fun and relevant while setting high expectations for student conduct and performance.
- Effectively maintains a student progress by recording course objectives, lesson coverage and a variety of formative and summative assessments that track student learning against goals.
- Grades student work and maintains the confidentiality of student information.
- Collaborates closely with and seeks feedback from campus staff to proactively share teaching resources, techniques, and methods.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, attends staff meetings, completes written progress reports twice each month and is responsive to director requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university
- Able to teach 10th - 12th-grade core subject matter
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to commit to a schedule, Monday through Friday
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check
- Native Speaker from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, and the United States
- Two year of post graduate teaching experience – will require employer proof in the form of letters necessary for the visa procedure
- Master’s Degree is advantageous
- Visa limit is capped at 50 years of age
- MONTHLY SALARY: 2,500-4,000 USD per month dependent on experience
- AIRFARE: Roundtrip airfare from your home country and an additional 800.00 USD to travel home during vacation periods
- HOUSING: Free plus free accommodation upon arrival
- PAID VACATION: 9 weeks per academic year
- RELOCATION BONUS: 2500 RMB
- CONTRACT: 10-24 months
- Health insurance
- Paid teacher training
- 25 teaching hours per week (+ 10 office hours)
- Small classes: No more than 20 students per class
- Students are high school level
- Z visa and Foreign Expert Certificate
- Opportunity to be a part of a thriving international community